Maharashtra Seamless Limited (MSL), is one of the flagship company of Rs. 4000 Crore D.P. Jindal Group. Due to our willingness to take on big challenges and see them through, and a persevering policy of "no compromise on quality", MSL has evolved into a Rs. 2368 Crore Seamless Pipes Manufacturing Company by 2011-12 from Rs. 105 Crores in 1994-95.
We pride ourselves in providing a whole range of high-class, customizable and innovative seamless pipes and tubes using state-of-art technology. We also manufacture ERW pipes along with the seamless pipes. This ERW plant is India's first and only Plant capable of manufacturing ERW Pipes upto 21" Outer Diameter. We have also diversified into Power Generation with 7 MW wind power project at Satara Maharashtra, thus committing ourselves to environment friendly GREEN POWER.
Our engineers and technicians are among the best and we can boast quality and productivity levels on par with those of any seamless pipes manufacturing facilities in the world.
Listed are years and the associated events:
- 1988 Incorporated
- 1991 IPO Launched
- 1992 7” Seamless Plant Commissioned
- 1993 API Certification and Production of Casing & Line Pipes
- 1995 IBR Certification by Central Boiler Board
- 1996 ISO Certification by BVQI
- 2000 21” ERW Plant Commissioned
- 2001 7 MW Wind Power Plant Commissioned
- 2004 14” Seamless Plant Commissioned
- 2005 JV facility with Hydril USA for premium Connections Commissioned
- 2005 FCCB issue of USD 75 Million (entirely converted in Indian Equity Shares)
- 2006 Coating facility Commissioned
- 2007 6” Seamless Plant having 2,00,000 TPA acquired from Romania
- 2008 JV Arrangement with Tenaris reconstituted (post Hydril acquisition)
- 2008 Allocation of Non Coking Coal Block near Nagpur (Maharashtra) in consortium.
- 2010 Received Allotment of 5 MW Solar PV Plant in Rajasthan from NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam under Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission